To answer the questions I am assuming the following:
1. The business is small and has less budgets for marketing
2. That you already know that there is a potential in scaling your business online but don’t know how to do it with online marketing strategies.
To start with, first mistake we do while deciding on the marketing strategy for any is business is that we start thinking about marketing costs and start feeling inferior due to the present competition.
So, first of all remove that self doubt and think about these point thoroughly:
1. Does my product add value to the ecosystem
2. Is the customer experience great?
3. Am I ready to go online?(Because going online might back fire if your product is not market ready as you will end up getting bad reviews about your product which will make you end up losing the game)
Now assuming that your product is market ready and you are providing exemplary customer service, you can start with the following:
1. Social media: Turn your social network on and start increasing engagement on them by running some creative campaigns which you can think best. Your followers won’t increase overnight but slowly and gradually you will start seeing the difference in your followers and referral traffic on your website
2. SEO: SEO is a scary term when you start understanding google :-P, don’t worry, in simple words you need to put original and non copied content on your website and if google find anything suspicious or duplicate content on your website it might penalise you by not effecting your ranks
3. Guest Posting: Go and do guest posting on blogs or websites which you feel have your audience, you might end up getting some backlinks from them which might work as a booster for your organic traffic
4. Quora: Just like I am doing, keep answering questions related to your domain on quora which will help in adding some more traffic to your website.
I think initially these things should help and when you start generating some revenue you can hire a agency like “Digitalfry” to do all of this for you 🙂 .
You can contact me through our website or you can connect to me directly on by clicking the contact us buttton.
Thanks and all the best!