#Social Media Marketing:
- Social Media Marketing a.k.a as SMM is a business strategy that uses social sites to promote products and services and build awareness around a brand using paid or organic traffic.
Social Media is abuzz today and is rapidly growing by the day.
- Marketing on social media platforms is the most efficient and empowering way to help your brand nurture and gain discoverability by potential customers.
- Social Media Marketing strategy involves content bucketing: laying down a content strategy for your TG for various social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
. Depending upon the brand’s goals and audience one can curate a social media content plan to promote your brand. Along with social media content, email marketing for retargeting customers, SMS marketing, display advertising.
#Social Media Marketing Goals:
- Sales conversions
- Customer interaction
- Brand awareness
#Social Media Marketing Tips to stay ahead of the curve
#Lay down your marketing goals:
- This is a no brainer! It is pivotal to have your business goals figured. Else, designing a social media plan will be like pointing an arrow in the air. On PowerPoint type your business goals. For example, gaining traction, boosting sales conversion, and making your brand visible. Make sure you draft goals that are practical and measurable using analytics.
#Know your customer and their geographical sphere:
- The target group is at the heart of any marketing and advertising plan. If you know whom you are catering to, the consumer’s buying patterns, their culture reflecting through their habitat. This will help you promote your business towards the right segment in turn gaining more sales and traction.
#Not going socially awkward:
- Once you know what your business goals are and whom you are catering to, then the next step would be where to find them. Each social media platform has different kinds of audiences.
- Like LinkedIn would have more working professionals, while Instagram may have a mix of millennials and advanced age groups ranging from age 18 to 40.
- Twitter is a star-studded affair altogether. While Facebook has acquired almost everyone ranging from professionals to housewives & students.
#Tons of Research:
- Before you dive into any market it is important to see what is trending in the market. You can use tools like Google Keyword search to know what people are looking for on the internet.
- Another hack is to check sites like Quora and Pinterest to see what people are talking about.
- You can also directly search your competitor’s social handles and check what they are posting about. Apart from this, promote topical content on social media and publish festival greeting posts.
#AIDA FOR IDEA:
- AIDA is a marketing model/hack to get into your customer’s head and convince them to buy your product or subscribe to your service.
AIDA stands for Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action.
- While designing content for your audience you can use the AIDA marketing hack to grab your customer’s attention and breed interest in their minds by making them a desire for something and turning that desire into creating a call to action also called CTA.
- For example, you may grab someone’s attention towards hair oil that gives you voluminous hair which your customer may desire to impress somebody, and at the end of the creative, you can add buy now as CTA.
# Mark your dates with social media calendar:
- Planning your social media calendar can be helpful. One can place content buckets like promotional, product-related, entertainment & educational to name a few. Creating a social media content calendar helps you collaborate well with your team and help you publish your content timely.
#Keeping up with social media:
- Social Media is a dynamic place, i.e. it is ever-changing. Different tools are emerging on a platform like YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- For example, Instagram introduced Reels: a 15 second video format that recently took social media by storm. It is important to incorporate these video tools that further promote the discoverability of your brand.
#Narrate your brand, don’t just sell it:
- You can weave a brand story around your product or line of products, so people can relate to your brand, as brand storytelling adds that human touch to it. Videos help your brand skyrocket as it is more engaging and visually more appealing to the consumer. These include influencer marketing videos, behind the scenes videos, ad campaigns, and a lot more.
#Post content regularly:
- Consistency in brand building is a must. When you post content about your brand/ product regularly chances are that your subscribers, customers won’t lose interest and will help you create a loyal customer base. If you do not post regularly, people will start moving to other brands since you don’t have anything new to share.
#Right keywords are the key to organic traction:
- Research about the right keywords to know what your customer is searching for. Be specific in your keyword selection so that your customer will be able to discover your brand. Keyword tools finder, Google keywords, SEM rush are some free and paid tools that will help you choose the right hashtags for your post.
- Also, remember not to stuff your content with too many hashtags as it may not be readable for the person viewing it.
#Media spend to attract more viewers:
- Nope, we are not talking about buying fake followers here. Media spend here means posting sponsored ads on the internet. It may be an amalgamation of google ads, display advertising, SEM & SEO, PPC – Pay per click ads. Depending upon your media spend budget. This helps create a niche for your brand. Media spend proves to be gainful for any business in the longer run. Running sponsored ads is an R&D job altogether.
- But, once you know what works for your brand, you have cracked half of the Social Media Marketing Plan!
#Engage with your customer:
- Advertising and Marketing may come across as one-way communication. But, you as a brand can have a two-way communication by creating contest & promotional posts to know your customer well. You can also have posts liken AMA – Ask me anything where your consumer can have a one on one chat with you. This helps build trust and customer relationships.
#Measure your success:
To understand what’s right and what’s wrong for your brand, it is vital to measure how your posts are doing on social media. How many viewers viewed it, how many viewers saved your post, likes on your post, and lastly the sales conversions that happened through all the social media platforms. This can be achieved with analytics. This helps you gain consumer insights.
- “Which products were well-received’’
- ‘’How many people left products in their cart’’
- ‘’Which time of the day are your customers more active on social media’’
- When running a business digitally, it is important to have a keenness for social media understanding to promote and market your products well. To advertise and market your brand well, planning a 360-degree social media plan may seem like a huge task but the fruits are worth it.
With these social media marketing tips, you can create your strategy for social media marketing, even if you are a business who’s just starting.
Also, you can download this article by clicking below.